Yesterday was an exciting day . . . . Peter is officially out of humidity in his isolette which means we can hold him. We went to the hospital late last night and Brad spent over an hour with our little monster on his chest. In the NICU they highly recommend kangaroo care (or skin on skin holding). We don't mind at all . . . the closer the better!
The Handoff
Seriously, Kristin . . .stop taking our picture . . . we're trying to have a moment here!

Sleepy Time
I'm sorry the pictures are a little dark . . . we dimmed the lights in the room to make it as peaceful of an atmosphere as possible . . .
In other exciting news from yesterday . . . Peter is now up to 6 ml of breastmilk with each feeding. In addition, they are increasing that by one ml every twelve hours. The goal is to be completing feeding with breastmilk and not using any TPN (the iv calories he receives until he can tolerate all breastmilk). After some initial hesitance with tolerating the breastmilk, Peter hasn't had any "residuals" left in his tummy. As of last night, Peter's weight is up to 2 lbs, 15 oz (that's a gain of 6 oz . . .YAY!) and his length is up to 16" (a gain of 1/2"). Brad is still hoping for his NBA player :)
I got a call right before sitting down to write this blog that Dr Williams (a surgeon) was on his way to the NICU to perform Peter's broviac procedure. Since they couldn't get the PICC line in, the surgeon will be inserting the same type of line through this more advanced procedure. We would certainly appreciate any prayers you could lift up that our little guy will get through this with flying colors and that Dr Williams will have the wisdom to perform the procedure perfectly.
I am staying home today to get some things done around the house. My ability to accomplish things is limited and I move slowly, but hopefully I can get a few things going towards completing Peter's room. I am eagerly anticipating Brad's return from work today so we can head to the hospital . . . it is my turn to hold Peter today . . .