You should all be thankful that I am only subjecting you to one of the adorable pacifier pictures I took yesterday. After holding Peter for 3 hours yesterday afternoon I found him in his bed like this. I had put the pacifier in his mouth, but apparently it was in danger of falling out as he had moved his hands up to it and was holding it in a death grip! Doesn't he look so focused on what he's doing? Clearly he has the "sucking" reflex down!
Speaking of that, yesterday was our first attempt at breastfeeding. Our initial attempt did not go well. Peter was a little (no, make that alot) worked up about being awakened from sleep and wanted nothing to do with "it". After a couple of hours, he had worked his way down my chest into the "general area". With a little help and coaxing he briefly latched on. It was a quick moment, but I was pretty excited nonetheless. We'll be working on this everyday as breastfeeding is a big milestone towards going home.
I can't remember when I posted Peter's last weight . . . he didn't gain any yesterday (which is fine since he had a very large gain the day before). He is up to 3 lbs, 13 oz . . . we're getting so close to 4 pounds . . . very exciting stuff here! Also, being off caffeine has helped Peter's breathing/heart rate tremendously. I am hoping he might get moved down to 3 liters of flow today . . . if not, he'll get there eventually . . . this mama is anxious to get her little boy home though!
Finally, our most exciting news of the day . . . Dr Thurin put in the order for Peter's broviac iv to be removed. He no longer needs it . . . now, we just wait for the surgeon to squeeze him into the schedule. The "kit" needed to remove the central line is already at Peter's station.