
Good Evening! Brad and I are actually home at a tolerable time tonight so I thought I would post an update tonight instead of tomorrow morning. Peter is three weeks old today and continuing to do well. He is up to 3 lbs, 13 oz and as of tomorrow morning will officially be full feed (this means he is only receiving breast milk). He has also been weaned off caffeine. They give preemies caffeine to help them with the breathing reflex. As it turns out, some of Peter's fast breathing/fast heart rate may have been a result of the caffeine as he hasn't had any episodes of fast breathing since it was removed from his daily regiment. We're hoping this is the case and he can start to be weaned off the nasal cannula later this week. Providing the full feeding schedule goes well, Peter will have his
broviac iv removed as soon as the surgeon can schedule the procedure! We are super excited about this as one of the most difficult things about holding Peter is making sure the
broviac is not disturbed. All of his other wires/tubes are temporary and can be easily reinserted.

As you can see from the above picture, Grammy got some special time with Peter right before she got on the airplane to head back to Georgia. We just got approval for grandparents to hold our little man the night before around 2 am (Brad had a late night at the office and decided to sneak in some time with his best buddy) . . . what a fun surprise to wake up to! Grammy worked really hard this week to help get Peter's nursery ready . . . I'm hoping to have some before and after pictures up later this week

I'm pretty sure this is Peter's favorite place to be . . . that's love . . .