Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30, 2011

My intent for the blog today is to give you a quick update and then inundate you with cute photos we took today . . . I hope you don't mind :)
Peter now weighs 5 lbs, 4 oz. He did well for about one day on the 2 liters of flow and then started to have some retractions when he was breathing (imagine the little area at the base of your neck sucking in every time you breathe). This is just an indication that he isn't quite ready to be weaned back this far yet. So, we're back to 3 liters. We are disappointed, but want what is best for the little man . . . also, the doctors aren't concerned . . . they just want to make sure that he isn't stressed out and can focus all his effort on healthy breathing rather than working so hard. We'll try 2 liters again in a few days and hopefully we'll be able to move forward. Peter continues to do well with the bottle feedings. He has completed all of his feedings (except one where he completed 3/4 before zonking out) with the bottle. Unfortunately, the breathing transition caused some of the fast breathing he was experiencing before so he only got his bottle once today. It was so sad because he woke up for each of his feedings and clearly wanted the bottle . . . but, a finger and tube feeding had to suffice :(


Now, on to the pictures . . .


SOOOOOOO BIG!




My pacifier keeps trying to get away from me . . .



I really want my bottle, but I guess this will have to do . . .





That's what I think of this "no bottle" thing . . .
Seriously, I'm just too cute for words . . .

See, I told you I was too cute for words . . .


OK, I'm done now . . .