Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011



OK, so my hair looks horrible and Peter looks crooked (why does Brad get to be the only one who looks presentable?) . . . but at least we finally got a picture with all three of us in it!

Peter had a good day today as he got to spend most of the afternoon/evening "out". We read some stories, sang some songs and talked about the morning's activities . . . ok, the truth is I did all those things and Peter just gazed up at me as if to say "Mommy, you are so cool"

Last night's weight was 4 lbs, 6 oz so we are continuing on our upward trend . . . grow baby, grow . . . today Dr Chai started Peter on a regular, yet small dose of Lasix . . . hopefully this will help control any fluid retention and lead to a speedier solution to his fast breathing. It is certainly making his diapers fuller (as lasix is a diuretic). I don't understand why Peter can take a diuretic but I can't (the one blood pressure med that works for me is a diuretic that can't be taken while breastfeeding). So, instead of taking one tiny 25 mg pill, once a day, I am taking 3 large 100mg pills, three times a day . . . hmmm . . . In truth, I don't mind at all as they keep me healthier and don't harm the sweetest little boy on the planet (and yes, I realize that I am biased!)

I would write more, but I have to go pump for the 4 millionth time today . . . .