Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 22, 2012

 
Books . . .

Books . . . .

And more books . . . . what can I say, our kiddo LOVES books . . . in fact, he will choose a book over a toy almost every time!

Since he is such a book lover, we decided to try to complete his first summer "reading" program . . .yes, yes, I did the reading, but every sticker on that page was earned by 15 minutes  of reading together.

I really feel like I was not properly compensated for my many summers of going above and beyond the required reading . . . Peter got to pick out 4 little prizes (googly eye ring, star shades, a glow in the dark frisbee and a basketball - Daddy was very proud of that choice).  In addition to those prizes, he got to choose a new book (Clifford, the Dog), AND got two passes to a Whitecaps (minor league baseball) game, 1 pass to a Griffins (hockey) game, a free small fry from McD's, a personal pizza from Pizza Hut, a free cookie from Subway and a free dinner at Texas Roadhouse . . . . the stickers, bookmarks, pencils and free McD's hamburgers are looking a little shabby . . .

And, just because he is cute, here is a picture of Peter with his new Peter-sized basketball