Today was our first visit to the Meijer Sculpture Gardens . . .
Mommy wanted to include this photo first . . . please take note of the title on the sculpture . . . it made her laugh . . . I don't know why . . .
These little friends greeted us at the entrance to the "arid" section of the gardens . . .
Followed by these "not friends" in the "carnivorous section . . .
This one is called "Old Man's Beard" . . . it was in the same section as the banana tree (which we found), the cocoa tree (which we found) and the coffee tree (which continues to elude Daddy)
I really liked the palm leaves that hung down low . . . they were great fun to pull on . . . however, I don't think the volunteer from the gardens thought it was a good idea!
I found this mouse to be particularly auspicious and asked Mommy to include him in this blog post . . . I shall call him Melville . . .
Did I forget to mention there is a section designed especially for kiddos, like me? I LOVE splashing in the water . . .
. . . and playing with sailboats . . .
. . . but most especially, splashing in water!!!!
Must . . . breach . . . surface . . . . of . . . water . . .
Phew! Made contact, now we're good!
I liked this little hut . . .
SURPRISE! I'm inside . . .
So you're thinking . . . "that looks like a pretty big horse"
No, silly, that's not it up close . . .
That either . . .
Yessireebob! That is a horse as tall as a two story building . . . on that note I think we'll close for the day . . . how can I top an enormous horse and me in the same picture . . . too much awesomeness!