Friday, April 1, 2011

March 2011

March has been an interesting month in our household. I spent the first 2 1/2 weeks at home, on bedrest. It seems that the baby growing has caused my blood pressure to elevate beyond normal levels. It took a couple of weeks for the doctor to find the right medication that would work for me and be safe for the baby. We seem to have things under control now and I am back to work. However, when I am at home I do have to stay pretty low key (guess that means I won't have to help when it is time to clean out the basement)


The baby is moving around very regularly these days and seems to enjoy exploring his/her temporary home. Favorites that seem to make him/her extra excited are:

Vanilla Creme Donuts from Tim Horton's

"Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas

Brad's voice

Me Playing the Piano

It brings me so much joy to feel the little monster wiggling around in there. Of course if there is too long of a gap between kicks and somersaults I get overly worried . . . I guess I should just get used to that!


Brad had the pleasure of his first interaction with our little Muffin on March 29th. He was resting his head on my lap when a little foot reached out and kicked him right in the face. Grammy isn't sure if the baby was saying "hello" or reminding Brad that this is baby territory now.